Thursday, September 06, 2007

Done part 2

I quit my job last night.

As I was setting up to online a sequence for previews I came across a what-we-thought-was-tragic technical problem.
It was not looking good and I was fed up and the supervisor was freaking out and I told him, "I can't do this anymore."

He looked at me with an open mouth and didn't speak.

"I just can't do it anymore, man. I'm afraid to even touch a computer for fear everything is gonna get fucked up. The level of problems on this show is beyond my level of experience and I can't help. I'm sick of it. I'll finish out the week, but I need to put this behind me."

Just a blank stare.

I eventually got things fixed and went back to working. Unfortunately, my co-worker has been sick the last two days, adding to my workload and stress. I have extreme difficulty multitasking and there is too much of that here. When I am focused on one job I can really get into it. But when I am pulled in 14 different directions at once I can't take it. I malfunction.

Later the post-supervisor called and tried to make nice, but I just wanted to leave. He said, "Well, episode 2 premiered tonight and it was a big success. Everyone's happy with it."

I didn't answer.

No comments: