Friday, October 19, 2007

Dwindle, Dwindle, Little Star

Lord grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can, and
the wisdom to know the difference.


It appears that one of the things I cannot change in my life is the always prevalent lack of money. In 33 years I still have not learned a damn thing about money. When I have an income it just passes through my hands like water. I get overzealous and say things like, "I am going to pay back my debts and get back on top".

Unfortunately, poverty is always lurking around the corner, and if I kept my wits about me when I was flush I would laugh and say, "My student loan lenders can continue to go fuck themselves. Who do I look like, Warren Buffett?"

It's never a smart move on my part to think I'll have money next month. Because, as the years have proven, I most likely will not.

I should stop buying things I don't need, yes. But those are the only things that give me enjoyment in life. What's the point in living if you can't own the Super Deluxe Special Edition Boxed Set DVD of your favorite movies?

No comments: