Sunday, June 12, 2005

That Old Mix Tape Feeling

The past. What do we do with it? Do we box it up and put it in a far corner of the attic? Do we dwell on it and wish to relive it, rethinking our moves so that we may end up somewhere other than where we are now? Or do we forget it and move on? I've never been one to let go of things easily, and I've found myself running through my life's scenes quite often. Replaying them, studying, trying in vain to find their meaning.
A recent discussion with someone dear to me got me a tad reflective again. I used to make her mixes many years ago. Perhaps this is a lost mix-tape for a long-lost friend...

Reflections for the Summer

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mix tapes for the 21st century. Very nice, Dav. :-) I have to say that I'm a little surprised there's no Peter Gabriel on there.

Is Love the original band who does that song "Alone Again Or"? I've heard lots of versions of that one - good stuff.