Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Times They Are A-Changing

I almost got run over on the way back from lunch this afternoon.
By a Sport Utility Stroller.

These new strollers are crazy. They're huge and pimped out like you wouldn't believe. They've got shocks, rear wheel suspension, anti-lock brakes, the whole nine yards. This one today had huge monster truck tires, and the mother could care less about the pedestrians in her path. It had compartments for everything from bottles and diapers to mini audio visual units. I'm pretty sure the kid in this stroller was watching "The Incredibles" on DVD as he zoomed past me.

The strollers my siblings and I had growing up were nowhere near this cool.

They consisted of a flower-print piece of canvas with two poles and four shopping cart tires. And if you didn't step hard on the locking bar on the back of the stroller, it would fold up on you when you sat in it.

Kids these days...they don't know how hard we had it in the 70s...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha, yeah. Those things are insane. We got one for my friend Jen for her baby shower. When I went to pick it up at the store, the guy gave me an hour-long lesson on how to operate all the features. I got lost about the time he started explaning the independent fully rotating bubble sun canopy with dual pivot system and large view port canopy window.

They don't make metal lunch boxes anymore, either. Sad times, indeed.

Glad to hear you came out unscathed.

Foilwoman said...

It's hilarious the stuff they try to make you buy to have a baby. And people do!

Foilwoman said...

Hey, Dave: Post again already. I'm having a mid-life crisis and while October isn't looking so bad, my would-be-13th-wedding anniversary is coming up, which will undubitably be a bad day in an absolutely crappy year. I like reading your blog entries. So write one. Thank you.

DaveO said...

i still don't have the internet set up at home yet! i have lots of things written, ready to post, i just can't do it from work because it is all saved on my home computer.
argh!