Thursday, November 17, 2005

First Outta The Hatch

My brother and I had just had dinner this evening and were walking back to my office on Park Ave. A beautiful girl passed us and had her eyes firmly planted on Steve. After she passed, he turned to me and said, "Oh my God, that girl was totally checking me out!"

"Because you're the more attractive of the two of us," I said. "Which is proof of my theory..."

"What's that?" he inquired.

"Well, when people have children, the offspring tend to get better looking the more they have."

"What?"

"The first borns are the beta test. They're like the first batch of cookies you bake. You either leave it in too long or not long enough. The parents' genes are trying to figure out if they work well together or not. Sometimes they get it right, but often there's something that's a little off. So the next run they smooth things out and usually those ones are a little better looking. It's part of natural selection. You're the third-born, so everything's been ironed out by the time you came along. Look at me: I'm the test pattern, you're the final result."

"Hey, I think you're right," he said, listing off friends of his who either had better-looking younger siblings or slightly askew older ones. "Damn! I'm gonna be thinking about this all night..."

1 comment:

Foilwoman said...

As the youngest of three, I must be absolutely ravishing.