Monday, December 19, 2005

Spy Vs. Spy

"I want to make sure the American people understand, however, that we have an obligation to protect you, and we're doing that, and at the same time, protecting your civil liberties."

Ha. Haha. Hahahaha.
Put this guy on TV. He should have his own talk show after this whole "president" business is over.

Protecting your civil liberties by violating them.
This feller deserves the nickname "Slick" more than Bill Clinton did. I mean, really. How much shit can Bush get away with, while the country looks the other way, or dumbly nods its collective head in agreement after he "defends" his systematic deconstruction of the Constitution?

Actually, I think most people are so baffled by the state of affairs that the only thing you can do is turn away and try to live your life. I know I am. Reading the news is like catching an old Twilight Zone episode. Things can't really be this weird, right? Have we really gotten to this point? We're just experiencing some sort of extended sideshow attraction. It'll all be over soon. Right? This is just an act. Things won't really stay this way. If I just close my eyes and tap my heels together, things will return to normal. There's no place like home, there's no place like home, there's no place...

"I am doing what you expect me to do," Bush said, angrily pointing his finger at us.

And we, the people, expect him to spy on us, to coddle us, to bamboozzle us, to rape us, to lie to us, to send us to our deaths, etc. And that's why he'll go on, and escape this latest "shameful act", and we'll forget about it in a few weeks, and we'll wait for the latest death toll from Iraq, and we'll shake our heads, and tune into the latest reality show travesty, and hope that in 2008 they'll have some better programming.

Hey, at least he didn't cheat on his wife, right? Cuz, like, then we'd have to do something about it.

5 comments:

Prom said...

Wow, you captured how I feel exactly! Twilight Zone indeed.

Foilwoman said...

To quote the bumper sticker: "When Clinton lied, nobody died."

Dubya is a douchebag. A used douchebag. Ugh.

Anonymous said...

You know by writing this you will be on NSA's hit list and will probably be cavity search by the new year.
Of course, perhaps that was your intention from the beginning.
HO in NO

DaveO said...

HO,
Are you saying that the Bush Adninstration is fascist and that the NSA is basically their own little Gestapo?
As a card-carrying Republican, you might want to be careful about what sort of information you leak or they might expel you from the club there buddy.
DO in NY

Anonymous said...

Fascist? You know everytime I read that I look it up and it just doesn't fit. I think you might be thinking imperilist, especially as to Iraq. That could fit.
Maybe fascist has a better ring to it which is why it is used against Bush so much.
I don't think Bush is a dictator or a racist. He was elected, and will step down in '08, and he can be impeached prior. That's not a dictator.
His two secretaries of state have been minorities. Many others in his cabinet are minorities. That's not a racist.
So no, I'd wouldn't say it's fascist administration, and the NSA isn't a Gestapo.
I don't want to use your blog as a political rant, becauses it's your blog after all. Write what you want. But I found that if you only hear agreement then you can have a myopic view of things.
Is it my task to present another view? You let me know. I'll stop if you'd like.
BTW we don't carry cards, we use secret handshakes.