Thursday, August 31, 2006

All Moved In

It's done.
I am finally completely moved into my new place, I got the deposit back from the old spot, and now I can spend my time unpacking and making my nest livable.

It took 12 hours and multiple trips with a UHaul van and a friend's car, but we did it.

Unfortunately I had to go straight to work afterwards, but I did take a shower before going and fell in love with something I had overlooked when scoping the place out originally.

Not only was the water pressure good and strong, and the water sufficiently hot, but I discovered that the shower/tub combo is quite large and the walls are the best part. No standard tile here. The side wall of the shower is exposed, treated brick! And the wall with the shower head is stone. How cool is that?

Granted the bathroom is pretty tiny. Not a lot of wiggle room when you get out of the shower. You're almost standing on the toilet.

But the tub/shower is so spacious when you're in it.

I really dig it.

Oh yeah and we have a fullsize kitchen finally. With more than enough counter space. A big complaint with the previous hovel.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new place, Dave! Must be a relief to be all moved in now.