Sunday, June 24, 2007

See You At The Bar-B-Q

I've had bible thumpers and born-agains ask me time and time again if I was interested in spending eternity in heaven, and when I've said no they were baffled.

"But wouldn't you want to live in paradise?" they ask.

"Sure. But if it means I have to spend eternity with you, then it's not really paradise is it?"

I've always seen religion and it's focus on the afterlife, as a convenient way for some people to shirk their responsibilities as a human being. "I can turn my back on the suffering and misery around me and know that I will be saved and go on to greener pastures when I'm dead because I go to church every week and I've been re-reading the same book for my whole life."

Then, of course there are those nutjobs over at the Westboro Baptist Church. You know the folks who run GodHatesFags.com? They just hate everyone. Makes an old Gloomy Gus like myself want to go out and adopt an African child and start a shelter for abandoned animals. I mean, they can really suck the life out of a room!

And now, the WBC has released a music video of their hit, "God Hates The World".

1 comment:

heathalouise said...

hey, wanna go see live free or die hard with me and mike this weekend? we'll be living in BKNY as of this evening!