Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Didn't Even Have To Use My AK

It was a good day.

Thanks to my landlady's tendency to hold off on cashing the rent check until the week before the next one is due, I have narrowly avoided financial ruin.
This afternoon the first check from my handful of freelancing gigs arrived in the mail.
I hurriedly went to the city and deposited it into my account.

I've been checking my balance daily for the last couple weeks, waiting for the rent check to clear. I've mentally taken it out already, so with each day I was prepared to find my pre-vized $1.95 ending balance become my actual $1.95 ending balance.

After depositing my check, I passed by a sushi bar that was closing for the evening. They were selling their remaining boxed suhi meals for 50% off. I was able to get some spicy tuna, salmon, and vegetable rolls for a total of $6.25.

I have a paid focus group on alcoholic beverages to attend tomorrow evening and a friend called and said she has some work for me next week.

Not exactly a windfall, but anything is welcome at this point.

No comments: