Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Reminders

I found an old Word document journal entry from five years ago, when I was still living in New Orleans. It was one of three entries I made. I had just gotten my first computer and was trying to move my journal keeping to a digital format. Unsuccessfully. I still do most of my journal writing in longhand in notebooks. This blog sometimes takes its place.

There were two thoughts I had written down that I really liked, and think they're good inspirational messages to myself. They basically re-iterate the need to be productive and stop slacking off. And to think bigger instead of covering the same small bit of ground over and over again. To grow as an "artist", I guess. Either way, I kinda like them:

Do you want to go on safari or keep on shooting squirrels in the back yard?

I hear opportunity sneaking around outside, looking for the right door to knock on. Will I be ready when he finally figures out my address?

1 comment:

bruised reed said...

I have generally written journal type writings in little notebooks, too. But since I've had a computer, I pretty much only write stories and such by typing. I still always have a little notebook with me, but I've been journalling more since I got MacJournal. There's one for Windows, too. I usually didn't keep up with journalling for awhile. Journalling always been a fits and starts sort of writing experience for me. I'll journal everyday for weeks on end, then there'll be about a year with no journalling. Lots of notes and such or story ideas, but not about what I'm really thinking or doing during the days and weeks. I've been writing much more feverishly lately, though. And it feels so good. I've started trying to blog my writing process lately. That's nice, too. I'd like to look back someday on my writing process.