Saturday, January 01, 2005

neurotic

How much does a relationship change after you've had sex? How much should it change? I feel you should be more comfortable around a person you've had the pleasure of copulating with. However, this is very seldom the case. Often I find myself bombarded internally with questions of doubt. I am more insecure AFTER I possess the grail than I am during my quest for it. Was that just a weak moment for her? Can we do it again, or will she tell me it was a mistake that never should have happened? Should I become more involved? Call more often? Feign interest in her life? What is the most diplomatic way to ensure that we sleep together again, without appearing to be after "only one thing"? Essentially, after I have sex with someone, my days become one long, grueling brainstorming session, in which I pour over the details of that particular encounter in search of ways to recreate the experiment and still get the same results. My brain swims with flow charts and schematics as I construct and play out various hypothetical scenarios in my head. And if worse comes to worse can we avoid the post-coital awkwardness of having to avoid one another like the plague and slip seamlessly into our pre-congress state of innocuous flirting and missed innuendos? Damn this carnal knowledge!

No comments: