Friday, May 12, 2006

Elementary, my dear Watson

I believe that one of my email accounts could have possibly been hijacked. I have been getting messages from a Barry Cohen who uses a South African email address. They are regular messages (forwarded jokes and such) and I am listed in his address book it appears, along with others in South Africa and one gmail account. Under my actual name, mind you, not just my email address.

Perhaps he knows another Dave Orsborn and found my email address in a Google search or something. Or maybe he is an evil co-conspirator in last February's theft of my credit card information! And he has accidentally exposed himself.

Let me start off by saying I don't trust anything that comes out of South Africa, especially not after seeing Lethal Weapon 2. Those people are nothing but trouble! They killed Mel Gibson's wife, not to mention the cute blonde girl that worked in the embassy, only minutes after he had sex with her. Evil South Africans! Oh, and that goes for Charlize Theron too. Talk about bait and switch. She swindles her way into an acting career using her statuesque good-looks, then covers herself in ugly-make-up to win awards. Fie on you!

Of course, it could've been the Australians who stuck it to me.

I got a letter from a collection agency yesterday attempting to collect on one of my disputed charges from February. The website they say I registered and am having hosted for $40 is www.ozsale.net. I tried to go to that site but did not have authorization. After googling ozsale i came up with several listings for Australian ebay sites.

Aha!

That's what I said.

But I didn't know what to say or do after that. I'm not Sherlock Holmes.

So I just removed that suspicious email account from anything connected to monetary transactions I may conduct online.

If my identity is stolen again, they can have it. I've been meaning to get a new one anyway, and that would just be the impetus I need.

No comments: