Thursday, May 18, 2006

Verio Web Hosting Is a Front

I am now being pursued by a collection agency for one of the charges on my credit card from my recent identity theft.

I am required to pen a letter to the collection agency and the company stating that I am disputing these charges. Will it never end? I sent the following letter:

ATTN: George Sell
Verio Web Hosting

RE: Disputed Charge for account No. XXXX-XXXXX-XX

Dear Mr. Sell,

I am writing in response to IC System’s recent attempt to acquire monetary settlement for an account I never set up with your company Verio Web Hosting.

On or around February 17th, 2006, I discovered that there were multiple felonious charges on my credit card at the time. I disputed these charges and signed an affadavit with my creditor. These charges were dropped and reinstated to my account.

Now I am being approached from your company about these charges that I never made myself. You assert that I requested you host a web site named www.ozsale.net. This is simply not true. Not only have I never tried to acquire said domain, I recently tried to access the site and did not have authorization. So if you are hosting this site for me, you’re doing a damn poor job of it.

I can only assume two things:

1) This site was purchased after my identity theft by some third party, and you have no other involvement in this case aside from unwittingly hosting an illegal site. (On a Google search for ozsale.net, I came across multiple listings for Australian ebay sites. I have never been to Australia and I would not be interested in selling Australian goods, unless you count the Nerf boomerang I have listed on craigslist as an “Australian” item.)

2)Your company engages in nefarious web activities that steal consumers’ financial information and sells it to other web-based companies, and is actually a money-laundering front for your true nature as an international arms dealer and white slavery ringleader. By bilking unsuspecting consumers out of $40 here and there, you have been able to fund an elite fighting force in Paraguay, whose mission it is to stamp out truth and justice wherever it rears its head.

Hopefully this second scenario is merely a Red Bull-addled fever dream and not something I should report to the Better Business Bureau. Either way I call upon you to cancel this account immediately. Because in the end, I am not giving you one red cent.

Thank you for your attention in this matter.

Yours,
Dave Orsborn

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.