Monday, February 20, 2006

Mugged Online!

So, I'm heading to New Orleans next week for my birthday and I just discovered that I've been robbed!

Checking my bank account online, I was surprised to see that I had $100 less than I thought I had. The transactions had not gone through yet, so I checked on what my check-card holds were.

Apparently Verio.com is charging me $20 for a webhosting fee. I don't have a website, nor did I register a domain name, to the best of my knowledge. (If I did, I have no idea what name I would have registered so it would do me no good anyhow.)

There is also a charge from PrivateEye.com, which apparently is some background check service. I never went to this site. Unless someone is checking on me and trying to see how much money I have in my account. I am in contact with everyone from my past that I wish to be in contact with, so I would have no need for their services. But since they are charging me, I wish they would at least inform me of who I was looking for.

Citibank has $50 on hold for something. I don't use Citibank, and don't know what I would have spent $50 on recently.

Geneaology.com charged me a measly $1.01 for never using their services.

Primus Telecommunications is charging me $39.90 for not being a customer. Unless they have something arranged with Verizon DSL (my provider) to double-charge their customers for service, I don't know what could be going on. I've never even heard of them! I think they're Canadian. Fuckin' Canucks. (I was planning to go to Montreal next month for a friend's bachelor party, but now I don't know how I feel about The Great White North.)

I thought I had a rather boring weekend. Apparently I blacked out sometime and went on a wild online shopping spree.

This definitely puts a crimp in my birthday vacation plans. Luckily it's cheap in New Orleans and I'll be staying with friends for the week and my tickets were bought a few weeks ago. But now I have to call the bank and cancel my card, dispute the charges, and probably won't get a new card until I return from my trip. Making the acquisition of cash during my trip difficult.

Oy vey.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww damn, that sucks, Dav. Good luck getting all the charges reversed and have a great time in NOLA. :-)