Saturday, April 21, 2007

Are You Now, Or Have You Ever Been?

I just got home from a long night at work. It's noon. It's a beautiful day. I'm tired as all hell.
But I can't sleep.

Why, you ask?

Because the Communist Party is outside my window, yelling in Spanish over a loudspeaker attached to the roof of a parked U-Haul truck.

As I don't understand Spanish I had no idea what they were talking about, but after about twenty minutes of some woman telling what seemed to be a short story, I wandered outside to find out what was up.

That's when someone on the corner handed me a "Revolution" newspaper. "voice of the revolutionary communist party, usa" it read underneath the banner.

Then I wandered across the street to a small shop and bought a $25 Power Player Nintendo Super Joystick that holds 75 games and attaches directly to the television.

I'm gonna play Super Mario Bros. and Contra until the revolution is over and I can go to bed.

No comments: