Sunday, August 21, 2005

What Makes You Happy

I have been challenged to come up with a list of 100 things in life that make me happy. That is a tall order. I've thought about it for a day and only come up with 14 things so far.

However, today I found something that makes me happy right now, so I'll share it:

A year and a half ago my friend Shana told me she had a read a book by Paul Feig, the creator of "Freaks and Geeks", called Kick Me and she said his stories reminded her of me. I was intrigued to say the least. When I finally read the book, I not only agreed with her (his stories ARE similar, in fact the one about climbng the rope in gym in second grade and having his first "orgasm" happened to me as well, so it looks like I can't tell that one anymore) but I laughed my ass off.

It inspired me to start writing stories about my own pathetic experiences growing up, and I started this blog to let people read them. If you read my stuff and enjoy it, you owe it to yourself to check out the work of a true master and read that book. Funny, funny stuff.

Today, while at work, I discovered his latest collection of memoirs Superstud: Or How I Became A 24 Year Old Virgin and bought it immediately. What I have read so far is hysterical. And painfully familiar.

5 comments:

Foilwoman said...

Why don't you list the 14 things and then add to it?

Buff Huntley said...

Dave, don't listen to Foilwoman's pressure. Not everyone is as goal-oriented as she is.

It took me about a week to put my list together -- I had it on "draft" and posted when I finished.


FW is probably just hoping to see herself on the list.

Foilwoman said...

Dave doesn't know me. How could I possibly expect him to put me on the list?

Anonymous said...

By the way, where do you work now?

Misha

Buff Huntley said...

So tell us about Saturday night, then!