Friday, February 24, 2006

It was Inevitable

Well, two days until my vacation and I've gone and gotten sick
Started feeling it last night, but today I was burning up and couldn't really leave my bed. My head pounds, I'm hacking up my lungs, I'm an absolute delight to be around.

I never used to get sick much when I was younger. Now I get a little cold probably every other month. Is it New York? I guess my body still hasn't built up an immunity to the plethora of bacteria and viruses floating around the airs of this little island.

So what did I do all day while I was laying in bed? I watched Siskel & Ebert talk shit on each other. Ridiculous.

I've also been kinda obsessed with 80s syntheizer movie soundtrack music lately. Did you know that Harold Faltermeyer (of "Axel F" Beverly Hills Cop fame) was an engineer for Giorgio Moroder back in the disco years? And Mr. Moroder, aside from scoring movies and disco hits, helped design an Italian sportscar called the Cizetta Moroder?

When I would edit films back in college I would always lock myself in the editing room, turn on John Carpenter's Halloween soundtrack and trim away. I think those old synthesizer soundtracks just have a great, basic rhythm that is easy to put images to. And they are kinda haunting too. My current fave is Moroder's "The Chase" from Midnight Express.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"The Chase" is awesome. It was the Midnight Express' entrance music, which is what caused me to watch the movie Midnight Express in the first place. I your thought about editing rhythm.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, and my thought is the sickness is all mental. Life changes, nerves, that kind of thing. Get in a good place, and you'll feel better.