Wednesday, March 22, 2006

It's In The Way That You Use It

The other night I went to bed and listened to a subliminal, hypnosis, motivational, self-help track on my iPod. I figured it would be a good time to listen to it, since it was supposed to be subliminal and i was going to bed and wouldn't necessarily have to concentrate on it.

This was a bad idea.

I fell asleep during the "session", only to bolt out of bed at 3:30am.

I was refreshed, motivated, and completely energized.

But again, it was 3:30 in the morning.

I guess the "hypnotherapist" had counted back to one and instructed me subliminally to wake up refreshed, motivated and ready to take on the world, because I snapped into consciousness and looked around. My iPod was back on the main menu, silent. Even though my clock read 3:30am, I wanted to get up and start my day.

I tried to go back to sleep, but I couldn't. I spent a couple hours on the computer, researching jobs, listing things to sell on half.com, looking up bizarre phrases on wikipedia and reading screenplays. At one point I did thirty push ups and two sets of 20 reverse crunches.

By 5:45am, I was starting to tire and crawled back into bed.

No comments: